A list of cultural phenomenons that influence college students released a few weeks ago might have some ideas for SIUC as it attempts to attract more students.
By Cary Bryant, Graduate Assistant, Paul Simon Public Policy Institute
Well, it’s that time of year again. Students are moving back to SIUC in mass numbers and school supplies are flying off the shelves. Today, many of the upperclassmen are moving into the dorms and will be swarming Carbondale trying to buy books at the cheapest price.
However, SIUC students will also be experiencing some changes that occurred over the summer. Namely, the 4% budget cut across all departments. At first, the budget cut was made out that it would not affect students directly, but I am counting the days before the full effect takes course. › Continue reading
- Congressional candidates in 8th District ramp up get-out-the-vote efforts
- Pinhook, Mo., residents will gather to share memories of a lost way of life in the floodway
- The pope's St. Louis connection: St. Philippine Duchesne
- Snapshots: All about the Benjamin
- Get lost: New Science Center exhibit examines ancient Egypt