* Related from the Southern Illinoisan…
Despite Democrats being better off without Blagojevich in the headlines, Yepsen said the trial has had a much smaller impact on the party than he originally though. He said voters who chose to punish the party for Blagojevich’s actions had already made up their minds not to vote Democrat and few were swayed by the actual trial.
“This is not a voting issue for some people,” Yepsen said.
He said surprisingly Democrats have seemingly improved their positions in spite of the trial.
1 Comment to VIDEO: Yepsen talks Blago, campaign contributions
Leave a comment
- Despite concerns, White House backs Senate farm bill
- Col. Robert King appointed head of Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs
- Polk supervisors see courthouse plan and ponder: One referendum or three?
- Kim Reynolds: I wasn't sexually harassed in Iowa Senate
- Branstad: State might expand Medicaid if 'assurances' came attached
- After respite in Eminence, Nixon set to decide on legislation
- Coalition of city and county groups strives to tackle violence, uplift poor communities
- Reporters to be barred from Biondi's meeting with SLU faculty
- Missouri Social Service director quits, returning to St. Louis to run Grace Hill centers
- At Central Baptist, worshippers say amen to veggie sandwiches and fruit