Visiting professor John Jackson has been an observer of Illinois politics for decades, but the consequences left behind by the Rod Blagojevich administration are a breed of their own.
Blagojevich, who was convicted Tuesday of lying to FBI agents in 2005, left office with Illinois suffering a $13 billion budget deficit, a change in the way business is done in Springfield and a black mark on the Democratic Party.
Jackson spoke to the Blagojevich legacy in this week’s video commentary…
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Missouri Chamber comes out stronger in favor of Medicaid expansion, citing losses to taxpayers
- Looking back at the Beacon: Here's to us. Here's to you. So long, until tomorrow
- Regina Carter brings jazz and therapy to Children's Hospital
- Cold weekend weather didn't stop GirlTrekkers from walking to promote fitness and tackle obesity
- St. Louis' Luminary art center takes a last look at who 'We Are'